|WHAT IS ISO 9001?
|ISO 9001 is the internationally recognized standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS). It is the most widely used QMS standard in the world and helps organizations to meet the expectations and needs of their customers, amongst other benefits.
An ISO 9001 quality management system will help you to continually monitor and manage quality across all operations, and outlines ways to achieve, as well as benchmark, consistent performance and service. In simple terms, it provides the basis for effective processes and effective people to deliver an effective product or service time after time.
|BENEFITS OF ISO 9001 CERTIFICATION
- Customer satisfaction.
- Deliver products that consistently meet customer requirements.
- Reduced operating costs.
- Continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies mean money saved.
- Improved stakeholder relationships.
- Improve the perception of your organization with staff, customers and suppliers.
- Legal compliance.
- Understand how statutory and regulatory requirements impact your organization and its customers.
- Improved risk management.
- Greater consistency and traceability of products and services means problems are easier to avoid and rectify.
- Proven business credentials.
- Independent verification against a globally recognized industry standard speaks volumes.
- Ability to win more business.
- Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply, so certification opens doors.
|ISO 9001 REVISED
|The 2015 edition has replaced the 2008 version.
Since it has been revised to meet the needs of today’s business world, we recommend that you update your quality management system to fit the new version.
ISO 9001:2015 is based on Annex SL - the new high level structure (HLS) that brings a common framework to all management system standards. This helps to keep consistency, alignment different management system standards, offer matching sub-clauses against the top-level structure and apply common language across all standards.
The key changes in the proposed standard are:
With the new standard in place, organizations will find it easier to incorporate their quality management system into the core business processes and gain greater business benefit.
- The emphasis on leadership
- The focus on risk management
- Emphasis on objectives measurement and change
- Communication and awareness
- Fewer prescriptive requirements
|THE NEW ISO 9001 STRUCTURE
ISO 9001:2015 is made up of a number of different sections, each concentrating on the requirements involved in different aspects of a quality management system.
- Clause 0-3 : Introduction and scope of the standard
- Clause 4 : Context of the organization
- Clause 5 : Leadership
- Clause 6 : Planning
- Clause 7 : Support
- Clause 8 : Operation
- Clause 9 : Performance evaluation
- Clause 10 : Improvement
|SCHEMATIC REPRESENTATION OF THE ELEMENTS OF A SINGLE PROCESS
|P-D-C-A CYCLE IN THE ISO 9001:2015